- By A&S Granite And Marble, Inc.
- In News, Quartz Countertops, Quartz That Looks Like Marble
- Tags cambria, cleaning, corian, Countertops, Covid-19 Safety, Curava Quartz, Granite, Granite Backsplash, granite countertop, Granite Countertop Quote, granite countertops, Granite Lakeland, Granite New Port Richey, Granite Palm Harbor, Granite Sarasota, Granite Tampa, Gray Quartz, maintenance, quartz, quartz countertop, quartz countertops, Quartzite Countertops, silestone, White Granite Countertops, White Quartz
A&S Granite and Marble provides quality granite and quartz countertops. You might be concerned about the cleaning and maintenance of your quartz countertop, so they have a few tips for you. Beyond the actual look, the maintenance of your new quartz countertop is reasonably easy, however there are still a couple of very important do’s and don’ts to mind.
First, what shouldn’t you do to keep your quartz countertop clean?
- Don’t utilize your quartz countertop to slice and dice foods. Utilize a separate cutting board to prevent knife marks on the countertop.
- Don’t set hot pans straight on the countertop to avoid discoloration and splitting. Keep lots of trivets convenient and utilize them faithfully.
- Don’t utilize, or spill, acidic or high-alkaline products on your countertop. Quartz can handle cleaners in the mid-pH variety, but products that fall on either end of the pH scale can dull its radiance. Prevent spills from drain cleaners, oven cleaners, acetone (fingernail polish remover), paint eliminator, solvents, bleach, dishwashing machine rinse agents, and any items that contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride. If you don’t know for sure that an item is appropriate for quartz, don’t use it.
Next, what should you do to keep your quartz countertop clean?
- You should use spray glass cleaner after cleaning your countertop clean, and buff the surface dry with a clean towel for a streak-free shine. Opt for a moderate, oil-based cleaner (like Goo Gone) to remove hard ink or color discolorations, and after that rinse with plain water.
- Do wipe up spills promptly with paper towels or a wet cloth. While quartz is non-porous, liquids like wine and coffee can stain the surface area if permitted to dry.
- Do not utilize abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on your counter top. Searching powders and steel-pads can scratch and dull the surface area.
- You should use a versatile spray cooking area cleaner or mild commercial household cleaner for everyday cleansing needs.
- Do utilize a non-scratch nylon pad or sponge to safely scrub away sticky food residue.
- Do not use a metal knife to remove solidified food products, such as stuck-on candy-making spills. Rather, use a plastic putty knife to carefully scrape them away.
- Do take on difficult cleaning tasks, such as splattered grease, by spraying your counter top with a kitchen area degreasing cleaner and leaving it on for 5 to 10 minutes prior to wiping away with a clean damp fabric.
Your new Quartz Countertop is just a phone call away
A&S Granite and Marble prides themselves on the quality of their quartz countertop installation. They have provided great service and installation to the Valrico, Brandon, South Tampa, Carrollwood, Citrus Park and many other areas in Hillsborough County. Please give them a call at 813-571-1200 or you can also use their contact form to discuss your next project.