- By A&S Granite And Marble, Inc.
- In Granite Countertops, News
- Tags bathroom, cambria, Cleaning and Disinfecting countertops, corian, Countertops, Covid-19 Safety, Curava Quartz, Granite, Granite Backsplash, granite countertop, Granite Countertop Quote, granite countertops, Granite Lakeland, Granite New Port Richey, Granite Palm Harbor, Granite Sarasota, Granite Tampa, Gray Quartz, maintenance, quartz, quartz countertops, Quartzite Countertops, silestone, White Granite Countertops, White Quartz
Granite is a very popular material for bathroom interiors because it is durable and exquisite to look at. Its beautiful and one-of-a-kind pattern makes it a unique and demanding natural stone for home interiors. The counters of the bathroom are the place where you keep all sorts of bathroom items and hence, it needs great care and maintenance to lower the risk of any erosion or stains.
We have listed below a few tips and do’s and don’ts for your granite bathroom countertops maintenance routine to ensure they last long.
The Do’s of Granite Bathroom Countertop maintenance
Your bathroom countertops face a different kind of wear and tear than the kitchen countertops. You have soaps, detergents, cleaning liquids, phenyls and other acidic substances that can harm your countertop.
Moreover, the bathroom is more susceptible to mold and other fungi growth. Here are the do’s for granite bathroom countertop maintenance:
- Clean any stains with a dry piece of cloth daily to avoid permanent staining.
- Use a specialized granite cleaning product at least once a week.
- Use a specially formulated polish for your granite countertops to enhance its natural shine.
- Seal your countertops annually.
- Call a professional installation or repair service to mend any cracks or pits.
The Don’ts of Granite Bathroom Countertop maintenance
Do not fall in the trap of DIY tips for bathroom maintenance that can land you in trouble. It can be hazardous as harmful chemicals are usually involved. Also, the failure in these DIY techniques can prove to be heavy on your pocket later. Take a look at the don’ts for your granite bathroom countertop maintenance:
- Don’t use lemon, vinegar, ammonia or any acidic material that can ruin the surface of your countertop.
- Steer clear of any bathroom cleaning soaps and liquids as it can erode or discolor the granite and it can harm your health.
- Don’t sit or put heavy weight on your bathroom countertops that can lead to a crack or pit.
- Don’t try to full the cracks or pits by using the kits available on the market; it is not durable and it can make your granite countertop look very unpleasant.
Granite bathroom countertops are very easy to maintain if done rightly. Hopefully, the above mentioned tips will help you to preserve the beauty of your bathroom countertops. If you need any further guidance, A&S Granite and Marble’s team will help you with your queries. Contact us at 813-571-1200.