- By A&S Granite And Marble, Inc.
- In Granite Countertops, News
- Tags cambria, corian, Countertops, Covid-19 Safety, Curava Quartz, Granite, Granite Backsplash, granite countertop, Granite Countertop Quote, granite countertops, granite installation, Granite Lakeland, granite maintenance, Granite New Port Richey, Granite Palm Harbor, Granite Sarasota, Granite Tampa, Gray Quartz, outdoor granite, quartz, quartz countertops, Quartzite Countertops, silestone, White Granite Countertops, White Quartz
The Summer is here and grilling outside can be a real treat, especially with a nice granite countertop in your outdoor kitchen. Whether you’re having a huge Superbowl party or just a few friends over, an outdoor kitchen is nicely accented with a granite countertop. A&S Granite and Marble can provide you with top quality stone at amazing prices. We service areas in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties like South Tampa, New Tampa, and Temple Terrace. Just to name a few.
Protecting your outdoor granite countertop
Living in Florida, there isn’t much cold weather to affect your granite countertop. However, the heat and rains will surely cause some wear over a period of time. There are ways you can protect your investment. They are relatively simple and will extend of the life of your granite countertop.
- You can create a custom-fitted cover for your granite countertop. Covering your countertop will keep it out of direct sunlight and prevent some of the moisture from getting in.
- A simple umbrella or awning over your outdoor kitchen can also keep the harmful rays of the sun out.
- Sealing your countertop effectively is a must after your installation. A&S Granite and Marble will help you choose the right sealers for the job.
- Keeping your granite countertop clean will go a long way towards keeping it looking nice. Any food or drinks spilled on it should not be left on it for long periods to avoid unsightly stains.
Choosing the right color for my outdoor granite countertop
When exposed to direct sunlight, granite can get very hot. The darker the color of your stone, the more heat it will absorb. Choosing the right color of stone can make a big difference. While a dark stone certainly looks very elegant and modern, you could run the risk of burning your hand in prolonged exposure to the Florida sun for an extended period of time.
Get in touch with our staff at A&S Granite and Marble. Our granite experts have years of experience in choosing the right stone for your budget. See some of the most creative installations of granite, marble, and quartz stone.