- By A&S Granite And Marble, Inc.
- In News, Quartz Countertops, Quartz That Looks Like Marble
- Tags cambria, corian, Countertops, Covid-19 Safety, Curava Quartz, Granite, Granite Backsplash, granite countertop, Granite Countertop Quote, granite countertops, Granite Lakeland, Granite New Port Richey, Granite Palm Harbor, Granite Sarasota, Granite Tampa, Gray Quartz, quartz, quartz countertops, quartzite, Quartzite Countertops, silestone, White Granite Countertops, White Quartz
Many are made from roughly 93% crushed quartz and 7% polymers. This leads to a work surface area that is heat-resistant, stain-resistant, almost scratch-proof and basically maintenance-free. The included products also allow for color transitions so that the counters can be made in basically any color under the rainbow.
It’s these color choices that are the most exciting to home owners. With granite, the color selection is limited to more earthy tones because it is a natural rock that comes directly from the earth. There is nothing added to granite so there are not as many remarkable and exciting colors.
The leading advantages of Quartz countertops:
- They are readily available on the marketplace and can last a lifetime if maintained properly
- Does not need to be sealed
- A vast array of designer color options are offered
- They literally pay for themselves considering that they include worth to the house
- Much safer than others since bacteria have a difficult time sticking to it
- Uniform design
There’s a relatively new type of stone offered called quartzite, and its’ advantages are quite incredible. It’s the latest hot kitchen work surface area you might wish to think about.
Quartzite is just a metamorphic rock that has been formed from sandstone. A metamorphic rock is one that has been changed by pressure deep within the earths crust. Marble, for instance, is likewise a rock of this type however it has been formed from limestone. Granite, on the other hand, is an igneous rock, which implies that it has actually taken shape and solidified from molten lava.
Quartzite is an exceptionally hard rock that is not water or acid-soluble. On the Mohs hardness test that determines how hard a material is, it has been offered a hardness reading of 8/10. This means that it is harder than glass and can actually cut it.
In its’ purest kind it’s white like marble, however can have impurities in it that cause some amazing patterns and colors. For some people, it’s the only surface that they would ever think about due to its unbelievable charm and strength.
Real quartzite is resistant to etching from acidic food like lemons and tomatoes. This could be thought about as a bullet proof type of worktop that can hold up against more wear and tear than a lot of other alternatives. The issue is that a great deal of individuals are discovering that their quartzite are etching when they should not be. This is due to the occasional mislabeling of marble slabs as quartzite. This sometimes happens because they can look like marble but only one can hold up to harm from acid and other common kitchen risks.